You are here
1938 Baptism of 30 Souls
Pensacola Baptist Temple was organized on May 3, 1935, in the home of Bro. E.L. Gillentine with 40 members and Bro. Gillentine was called as the first pastor. The church grew and soon began to meet in a rented hall. After a short period of time, the church leased a Girl Scout house and moved to 212 South “N” Street. The Lord blessed and the church continued to grow. Property located at 212 South “N” Street was purchased and a building program was begun.
The church continued growing and in 1978 purchased 8½ acres located at the corner of Muldoon and Cerny Roads. After much prayer, planning, and work, a new building was built. The first service was held in the new facility on March 7, 1982.
The Lord has used eight men to lead and pastor the church to date. Throughout the history of the church, thousands have come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, many have surrendered to preach the gospel, several churches have been planted in the Pensacola area, and countless lives have been impacted - all to the glory of God.